Sign up to our Newsletter
Keep up to date with relevant news and information with our newsletters, with topics from government initiatives to local stories from the community.
Assistive Technology Suppliers Australia (ATSA), PO Box 562, Ryde NSW 1680
Phone: 02 8006 7357
Bank: Westpac Bank BSB: 032 686
Account number: 280639
Account name: Assistive Technology Suppliers Australia
Conditions of Exhibiting/Sponsoring In these conditions – “Exhibition” means the exhibition so designated in the official expo directory referred to in clause 18. “Exhibitor” includes all employees and agents of any individual, partnership or company exhibiting, “Sponsor” includes all employees and agents of any individual, partnership or company sponsoring the Exhibition and “Organiser” means the Assistive Technology Suppliers Australia Ltd (ATSA).
1. The Organiser reserves the right to alter or add to these conditions as may be necessary for the compliance with any laws or with any directions given by the owner/lessor of the exhibition site and generally for the efficient running of the exhibition.
2. The Exhibitor/Sponsor is liable for any taxes, duties, fees or charges which might now or at any time hereafter become liable in respect of this agreement and the Exhibitor/Sponsor agrees to indemnify the Organiser in respect of such taxes, duties, fees or charges.
3. Allotment of space by the Organiser to the Exhibitor/Sponsor constitutes a licence to exhibit and not a tenancy. The Organiser may alter the size, shape or position of the floor plan in such a manner and at such time as the Organiser may deem to be in the best interests of the Exhibition as a whole. The Organiser may in its absolute discretion reduce any payment made or owing by the Exhibitor/Sponsor hereunder in the event that the Exhibitor/Sponsor’s display space is reduced.
4. The Exhibitor/Sponsor must not construct a display stand of a height exceeding 2.4 metres except in accordance with the prior written permission of the Organiser and the adjacent Exhibitor/Sponsors (if any).
5. The Exhibitor/Sponsor must not without prior written permission of the Organiser display an exhibit or product which does not in the opinion of the Organiser fall within the subject of the exhibition.
6. The Exhibitor/Sponsor must not paint or otherwise mark or damage any panel, floors or walls of the exhibition premises. The Exhibitor/Sponsor is responsible for the cost of remedying any breach of this clause.
7. The Exhibitor/Sponsor must make the payments at the times shown on the first page.
8. Cancellations must be received by the organiser in writing and are subject to the cancellation fees shown on the first page
9. Unless the Organiser otherwise notifies the Exhibitor/Sponsor in writing, payments by the Exhibitor/Sponsor do not include-
(a) Insurance (b) Cleaning of exhibits (c) Loading and handling of equipment and staff (d) Telephones (e) Dressing of stand (f) Advertising catalogues and handbills.
The Exhibitor/Sponsor acknowledges that the owner/lessor of the exhibition site may carry out installation of electrical, water and gas supply and connections to the stand and the cost is to be borne by the Exhibitor/Sponsor.
10. Such particulars as the Organiser may require of the design, weight and character of all stands and exhibits are to be supplied by the Exhibitor/Sponsor prior to the erection and placement thereof on the exhibition site. The Organiser may approve stands and exhibits whether or not subject to conditions as the Organiser deems appropriate or reject any stand or exhibit. Any stand or exhibit erected without the approval of the Organiser or contrary to any condition of such approval must immediately be removed or altered by the Exhibitor/Sponsor at the direction of the Organiser or at its option the Organiser may remove or alter the stand or exhibit and the Exhibitor/Sponsor is to bear the cost of such removal or alteration. The Organiser is not liable to the Exhibitor/Sponsor for any loss or damage sustained by the Exhibitor/Sponsor arising out of the exercise by the Organiser of its rights under this agreement.
11. The Exhibitor/Sponsor must not, except in accordance with the prior written approval of the Organiser, take onto or cause to be taken onto the exhibition site any dangerous goods as those words are defined in the relevant environmental legislation in the state in which the exhibition is situated. The Exhibitor/Sponsor must in regard to all plant, machinery and exhibits comply with all statutory requirements as to safety including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the storage and handling of dangerous goods.
12. The Organiser may in its absolute discretion refuse any person admission to the Exhibition. The Exhibitor/Sponsor must ensure passes supplied for the exclusive use of its employees or agents are not used by unauthorized persons or otherwise misused.
13. At all times during the opening hours of the Exhibition –
(a) An Exhibitor/Sponsor must –
(i) keep the stand open to view and properly staffed by competent representatives
(ii) keep the stand properly maintained and clean
(iii) conduct any business only from the stand
(iv) keep passageways adjacent to the stand free from obstruction
(b) The Exhibitor/Sponsor must not –
(i) hold or allow to be held a sale by auction, lottery, raffle, guessing competition, game of chance or side show
(ii) sub-licence, share or part with possession of its display space
(iii) operate any type of machinery or equipment in such a manner as in the Organiser’s opinion may cause nuisance or annoyance to Exhibitor/Sponsors or other persons attending the Exhibition
(iv) do any act which in the opinion of the Organiser may bring discredit upon the Exhibition
14. The Exhibitor/Sponsor undertakes to have his display space ready with all exhibits available for display and completed by such time as is notified by the Organiser to the Exhibitor/Sponsor.
15. The Organiser is under no liability for the loss of or damage to exhibits or other property of the Exhibitor/Sponsor, his servants, agents, invitees or licensees howsoever such loss of damage may be caused whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Organiser, its servants or agents. The Exhibitor/Sponsor is advised to take out all necessary insurance.
16. The Organiser has the right to disseminate photographs and other promotional material in respect to the Exhibition and has the sole right to approve dissemination with written consent.
17. The Organiser will produce an official expo directory of the Exhibition listing exhibits and Exhibitor/Sponsors. No responsibility is accepted by the Organiser for any omission, misdescription or other error. The Organiser gives no warranty as to the type or extent of promotion of the Exhibition nor as to attendance numbers.
18. If holding of the Exhibition or the supply of any services by the Organiser is, in the sole discretion of the Organiser, prevented, postponed or abandoned by reason of fire, storm, lightning, national emergency, labour dispute, strike, lockout, civil disturbance, explosion, inevitable accident, pandemic, quarantine restrictions or any cause not within the control of the Organiser whether of the same kind or not, and including restrictions on travel or group gatherings resulting from Government Public Health notices, or should the Exhibition site become wholly or partially unavailable for the holding of the Exhibition, then the Organiser may, on giving notice in writing, determine this agreement. Where the agreement is determined under the clause, the Organiser will not be liable in any way whatsoever for any expenditure or liability for loss, including consequential loss, incurred by the Exhibitor/Sponsor but the Organiser may in its absolute discretion refund in whole or in part any payment made by the Exhibitor/Sponsor or waive any payment the Exhibitor/Sponsor is liable to make under this agreement.
19. Should the Exhibitor/Sponsor be unable or unwilling to perform his part of the agreement or fail to comply with these conditions or otherwise be in breach of this agreement the Organiser may terminate the agreement by giving notice in writing and retain any payment made by the Exhibitor/Sponsor under this agreement as liquidated damages. The Exhibitor/Sponsor will thereafter be prohibited from occupying his display space and stand and must immediately remove his exhibits from the Exhibition site in accordance with the Organiser’s directions provided that the Organiser may remove such exhibits and dispatch them to the Exhibitor/Sponsors address stated on the face hereof. The Organiser’s costs of such removal and dispatch will become a debt due by the Exhibitor/Sponsor to the Organiser. The provisions of clause 15 apply to any action taken in by the Organiser under this clause.
20. All exhibits are subject to a general lien in favour of the Organiser for all sums due from the Exhibitor/Sponsor to the Organiser hereunder.
21. This agreement sets out the entire agreement and understanding between the Organiser and the Exhibitor/Sponsor and neither party is bound by any conditions, definitions, warranties or representations except as are included in this agreement or which are subsequently agreed in writing and signed by the party to be bound.
22. All notices to be served under this agreement may be served:
23. If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid or of no force or effect under any applicable laws, executive order or regulation of any government authority having jurisdiction, this agreement is to be construed as though such part had not been inserted and the remainder of this agreement retains its full force and effect.
24. This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws for the time being in force in the state in which the exhibition is situated.
Assistive Technology Suppliers Australia LTD,
Registered Office C/- Suite 6, 5-7 Ross St, Parramatta NSW 2150